The Law Offices of Jeffrey G. Marsocci, PLLC logo - Estate planning attorney is Raleigh and Asheville, NC
The Plain English Attorney

Now that marriage is legal for all of those wishing to tie the knot – including same-gender couples  –  below is what you need to know and what documents to bring with you before you apply. Wake County’s Register of Deeds recommends getting this legal aspect of your wedding out of the way about a month before your ceremony date. A marriage licenses issued in North Carolina may be used in any county in North Carolina, is good immediately upon issuance, and is valid for 60 days. The original license must be returned to the county where it was issued.

Don't wait until the last minute to locate an officiant for your wedding or vow renewal ceremony. Jeff would be more than happy to perform the service for you at the office, as he is a credentialed minister with the Universal Life Church.

For more information, click the following link: You can also contact Wake County’s Register of Deeds at 919-856-5460.

Click to access the login or register cheese