How to Choose a Tax Preparer

WHAT ARE THE PREPARERS QUALIFICATIONS?: All tax preparers are required to have a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN). Ask what license(s) they have (Enrolled Agent, CPA, or Attorney). You want your preparer to at least be a Registered Tax Return Preparer and have met minimal competency requirements. Ask if they are affiliated with any professional organizations. Most professional organizations require their members to take continuing education.

2017-05-20T16:43:25-05:00January 20th, 2015|Tax Information|
Go to Top